Monday, June 4, 2012

Breakfast Is the Most Important Meal of the Day

I have learned that you have to eat to activate your metabolism. A simple fact it took me 50 years to understand. You need to add fuel to your body every three hours or so. That doesn't mean eat complete meals, gorge yourself in carbs, or chow down on snacks. It simply means refuel.

For me, I have found that a breakfast of fruit, granola, and yogurt works the best. A simple combination of a small banana, blueberries and blackberries, vanilla greek yogurt, and a sprinkling of granola is my standard breakfast. After reading labels and taste testing, I have settled on Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt. It has the lowest cholesterol and fat of all the others. My favorite granola is Cascadian Farms Organic French Vanilla or Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin Seed and Flax.

No comments:

Post a Comment