Thursday, June 7, 2012

Feel the Burn

Why is that the mantra of exercise enthusiasts? Does it intensify the calorie burn to say that? If it does I'll shout it from the rooftops! I am religiously doing the Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Walk Away the Pounds video each morning. I use 2 pound weights during the walk. I know that's nothing to most people, but for my weak arms I need to start somewhere.

I've had x-rays on my back and neck and an EMG test (Who goes to school to torture people? Electric shocks that roll the muscles and make the entire body twitch! Then they stab you with these little thin needles for God only knows what purpose!) Getting out of bed is rough, but once I complete the three miles I really do feel better. Sounds crazy, I know.

The doctor has given me prescription strength Motrin, a muscle relaxer, and Gabapentin (a drug that helps with nerve pain). I hate being a druggie. Excercise and weight loss has to help. I refuse to live on pills the rest of my life.

I think I'm going to incorperate the Wii into my day, also. I walk each morning at high intensity. I'm going to try low to medium intensity in the evening. My hope is to quicken the pace of getting toned. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment