Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Gym Experience and a New Breakfast

This morning I was out the door and on the way to a gym by 6:00 AM. My cousin is a member and got a guest pass for me to try it out. Two and a half hours flew by as we talked and worked out. I walked 2 miles on the treadmill, rode 5 miles on the bike and did 3 repetitions of 15 on three different arm machines and three leg machines. And it felt good!

I love summer when I'm not teaching. I'm up by 7:00 AM each day, work out, do laundry, and by 11:00 all the housework is done , I'm showered and the day is mine!

This morning (actually, last night) I tried the following recipe I found one of my favorite blogs, Skinnytaste.com. It truly was yummy. I substituted my vanilla Greek yogurt for the almond milk and left out the cinnamon and sweetner. I took the jar out of the fridge before I went to the gym as was suggested on the blog. The chill was off by the time I got home. No need to warm up...just refreshing goodness on a hot summer day!


Skinny Overnight Oats in a JarSkinnytaste.com
Servings:
1 • Serving Size: 1 jar • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories:
244.9 • Fat: 10.8 g • Carbs: 35.4 g • Fiber: 8.5 g • Protein: 6 g • Sugar: 12 g
Sodium:
94.7 mg


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or skim, soy)
  • 1/4 medium banana, sliced (freeze the rest for smoothies!)
  • 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 4-5 drops NuNaturals liquid vanilla stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
  • pinch cinnamon

optional toppings:

  • 1 tbsp chopped pecans (or any nut)

Directions:

Place all the ingredient in a jar, shake, cover and refrigerate overnight. Add your favorite crunchy toppings such as nuts, granola, etc and enjoy the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment