Monday, May 21, 2012

The Way to Begin is Just to Take the First Step....

I've been wanting to do this for some time now. I figure it is a way to keep me motivated, and moving forward on this new journey. I chose the name as these two items were my first step to a new life: antioxidants and fiber!


I turned 50 in April of 2011. I had a colonoscopy on August 26, 2011. After drinking all that vile disgusting stuff that cleanses and purifies, being put to sleep, and waking up to be told I had a beautiful colon (is there such a thing?)I decided that nothing fattening, greasy, or in any way, shape, or form, unhealthy was going to pass my lips.


Today is May 21, 2012 and I am 54 pounds lighter and I've managed to keep that promise...pretty much. I decided an occasional piece of licorice won't kill me. There have been other changes in my life, as well. I am a true convert. I am a foodie. I now hunt down recipes that are devoid of fat and salt and processed foods.


This is my story. This is my life-change. And this is my attempt at a blog. It's all a learning process...one step at a time. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment