Saturday, May 26, 2012

The List of Rules

It has been 9 months since this journey began. There are days when I would kill for food from my old life, but I try hard to focus on the here and now. I repeat the rules like a mantra in my head:

1) If it is white, don't eat it!
2) If you can eat it raw, then you should eat it.
3) The more fiber in the food the better.
4) Eat a vegetarian life stylr at least 4 days out of the week.
5) Water is your best friend.
6) Graze instead of eating meals.

These rules may sound too hard to live by, however the tradeoff has been worth it. My blood pressure sits at 106 over 70. My cholesterol levels have dropped. I can go up and down stairs without gasping for breath. I feel better all over. And shopping is fun! There is an entire new world at the mall that has opened up for me.

And the journey continues. I have another 45 pounds to go. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment