Friday, July 20, 2012

Quinoa Cookie Balls

I found this recipe on a Dr. Oz link a few weeks ago. It credited Danielle Omar for the recipe. I bought the ingredients weeks ago and finally got around to making it this afternoon. They're healthy, and yet sweet enough to satisfy the craving for dessert.

1 cup cooked quinoa
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup oats
1/3 cup dried cherries ( I used cranberries)
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut

Mix the above ingredients in a large bowl.

Add

1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. almond butter (I used low fat peanut butter)

Mix well.

Add

1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used carob chips)
1/2 tsp sea salt

Mix well.

Using wet hands, gently roll mixture into golf ball-sized balls. Let chill for 2 hours before eating!

                                                              

                                                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment