Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Bump in the Road...or Toe

I haven't worked out in 3 days. I broke my little toe on Friday. Who would think a broken little toe on the left foot could be such a train wreck? I can't put my foot in a shoe. It's a lovely shade of purple. I wonder if I can walk on the treadmill in flipflops? Gonna give it a try tomorrow morning.

I was carrying laundry upstairs on Friday morning. We were getting ready to leave for Cedar Pointe and I wanted to fold the last load before we left. I caught my toe on the corner of our oak post at the top of the stairs. It hurt, but I thought it was ok. I put my shoes on and we left.

Two hours later I got out of the car to walk into the park and told my husband I was sure it was broke. I got into the park and took my shoe and sock off and viola......a puffy grape was attached to my foot where the toe should have been! So, instead of Cedar Point I spent the day at Soak City in a raft on the lazy river with my foot in the cold water. Bought a ridiculously expensive pair of flipflops so I could walk to the cafeteria and later to the car.

So...today is Sunday. The color is better, but it is still swollen and painful. I've tried to tape it to the next toe, but it hasn't worked out so well. Even if it won't go in a shoe tomorrow I'm back at the gym. I can ride the bike and do the weight machines. I'll hit the Y in the afternoon and get in the pool and tread water.

A broken toe cannot stop forward progress! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment