Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lost in Life

I hate when my life takes over my life. The beginning of the school year is always crazy for a teacher; throw in a high schooler who plays sports, football season ( JFK, OSU, and the Browns), and a husband who will not listen to anything the doctor says and ends up in the hospital twice (July and October), and once again I fall into the habit of everybody and everything comes before me. And I said I wouldn't let that happen ever again. The best laid plans of mice and men.......

So, here it is, October 28th, and I am trying to regroup. Thankfully, I managed to partially control my eating habits and semi daily continue to get to the gym. Going to the gym helped balance out the fact that I wasn't eating as cleanly as I should have been. My clothes still fit fine even though the scale went up 12 pounds. I've been back on track for eight days now and the scale as gone down 6 pounds. Seems impossible, right? Not really. I simply went back to drinking water, and lots of it.

The eating is actually the easy part. Never in all my life did I think I would be able to say that. I craved food. I needed chocolate. Now, I just fill my plate with vegetables; any and all kinds. (Well, no mushrooms. I'm not eating fungus that grows in the dark.) I can live without pasta. I don't miss it. When I crave carbs its the bread I want.

The hard part is getting to the gym. Now that I can no longer start my day at the gym I find it terribly difficult to get there. I was going at 8:30 at night which I really enjoyed. I would get home by 10:15, take a shower, and go to bed and sleep like a baby, while my metabolism worked all night. However, schedules have changed and that time isn't as convenient as it was.

I love autumn. The colors, the smells, football, etc. I need to embracr the changes in my life the way I embrace the change in season. I can, and I will, continue this journey.





                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment